Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas!!!! The day has finally arrived. I'm still waiting for my dear husband to awake and see what Santa brought. Yes, Santa still visits our home every year.. It's a little different now that our children are grown, but he comes just the same. Everyone here including Rosey, and Sissy (the two dogs) and Sylvester (our cat) get a gift.. If you spend the night on Christmas Eve at our house. Santa will leave you a gift..
Our Tree is lit, the food is all made, and yes, I still have some dishes to do before starting on the dinner for this afternoon.. all is well.. just a little quiet.. I really do love everything about the Christmas, the shopping, decorating, cooking and baking, even the wrapping.. but I really love the noise of it.. the sound.. the joy that fills the air with the singing of Carols, the bell ringer at the local stores and malls.. the oohs and ahhhhh's of delighted gift openers, and the squeals of excitement and laughter as a child see's that Santa made a stop at their house. I love the sound of wrapping paper ripping.. and laughter.. I love the sounds of Christmas..
Right now our house is quiet.. only two of us and the animals.. I'm the only one awake.. it is silent.. I love the silence too.. it reminds me of my Papa's favorite Christmas Carol/hymn.. Silent night.. (Silent Night... Holy night.. all is calm all is bright..) my house is calm and bright.. soon enough the sounds will start.. water running for dishes, pans banging as the ham and baked beans are prepped and readied for baking.. Christmas music wafting through the house.. tables being put up, and chairs being hauled in... front doors opening and kids traipsing with boots, boxes, and bags yelling Merry Christmas Grandma... there will be those highly anticipated phone calls from loved ones far away.. then there will be yelling out from the back room where the ps2 sits poised for any and all players of action packed thrill games.. there will be the sounds of Christmas movies, and discussions about going to the movies after dinner if the roads aren't bad.. yes, the sounds are Christmas are wonderful.. I'm resting now.. getting ready for the day.. full of sounds, laughter, Joy, Love, family, and friends.. But for right now.. I'm singing my Papa's favorite Christmas carol ... Silent night.. Holy night.. all is calm, all is bright, round yon virgin, mother and child, Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace..
Thank you God for that Silent, Holy, Night.. thank you for the First, and the Best Christmas gift.. Thank you for the sounds, the sights, the Mayhem that accompanies Christmas ... Thank you for the Love you showed us on that Silent Holy night long ago..
Merry Christmas to you and to your family...