Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's December already??? How Did That Happen

It's December Already???? How did that Happen? Hey, it was just August a few minutes ago. August I say.. and I was warm and the flowers were pretty, and the fan was great, and the birds sang, and the Cotton sheets were comfy.. and the BBQ grill with slabs of ribs was smoking.. So how in the world did I wake up to December? I have done the major cleaning, decorated our front porch with lights and a snowman, prepared and served Thanksgiving dinner, made fudge for my adopted Troops, gotten out the Christmas cards, and swapped out all my summer duds for winter ones.. But December? already.. Where did the time go? There is so much to do.. I did go shopping on BLACK Friday. (that's not happening again) but I'm just not ready for December.. I have to bake cookies, and dig out the Christmas decorations, then I have to put those decorations up.. I have to shop... for everyone! oh I have finished up a person or two.. but I still have lots to do. Then there is Christmas dinner to plan. Church events, like the Brunch Saturday, to prepare for. I'm decorating a Table with my Christmas china and a tree.. I may forgo the tree.. I still have to dig out my china, napkins, and tablecloth.. iron them, and oh yes, the napkin holders.. yep.. I have to get busy.. Then there are the December birthdays.. all of them... let's see oldest daughter, two grandsons, a couple of Aunts, cousin, nieces, best friend... goodness.. who has their kids in December and around Christmas to boot? There is still salt to be purchased for the driveway and the porch.. snow shovels to dig out.. hey where are my boots? I ordered some of those cool strap things with metal spikes in them that you can strap on your shoes/boots so you can walk on the ice. My biggest fear in the winter.. is falling.. yep, December=Winter. I'm not ready.. my mind and heart are still sitting in August.. warm breezes, deer in our field, Car rides with the windows rolled down. Well it's time to switch gears, to get out the old winter coat, gloves, mittens, hat, fur hat, face coverings, snowmobile suit, and boots. It's time to bake cookies, and make fudge and peanut brittle.. it's time to start watching all my favorite Christmas movies (I did so Sunday) and play all my favorite Christmas music (been doing that since before Thanksgiving) .. yep, Christmas is my favorite time.. I love the lights, tree, decorations, music, food, hearing from loved ones.. I just wasn't ready for it to be December.. not yet... but now that it's here.. Welcome!!!!