Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TODAY I'M THINKING ABOUT THANKFUL...

Happy Thanksgiving

wow, another Thanksgiving.. another chance to think on some things I'm thankful for.. 

Did you ever notice how many little things we all take for granted.. how many big things, normal things, special things, we just don't think about in our busy lives with our hectic schedules.. I know I take way to many things for granted.. I don't take time to think on things as often as I should.. I am doing better.. I think that part comes with age.. as we get older we start to lose things and we learn what matters and what things are really not as important as we thought they were.. 

There are days when I can't thank God enough for all He has given me.. then, there are those days when all I can do is be irritated.. at everything.. nothing goes right... or everything goes right and I never consider for a moment what I should be thankful for..

I'm going to try and be more thankful... I think Oprah calls it an attitude of gratitude.. I had a gratitude journal one year.. I had to write down 5 things every day I was thankful for.. it made me notice things.. some days I could find 10 things.. other days 5 pressed my brain..

Today I'm thankful for some things that are especially precious to me.. Grandchildren.. OK, so it's something anyone with grandkids would tell you.. hey, they are so much more fun then the kids.. don't get me wrong.. the kids are cool too and I'm so thankful for them.. especially the youngest one who spent hours over here this past week helping me do "deep and thorough cleaning"... 

No, I'm thankful today for grandkids.. the ones who call at 9pm wanting a ride home from work cause it's raining.. the ones who call me maamaw and call me from Ky. wanting to know " when ya'll coming home"... the ones who ask soooo sweetly if I can make some cinnamon rolls.. the homemade ones.. and can I make them really big... the ones who tell me they want a boyfriend with a mustang and a mustache for Christmas.. the ones who runs through the living room yelling love you grandma, bye... the ones who hug my neck... the ones who know that we are always here, will always love them, will always have a place to sleep and a hot meal to fill their bellies.. 

Today I am thankful for The one that almost didn't make it.. the one I held in the neo-natal intensive care unit.. and begged God to save.. the one who doctors said would never be "right".. lack of oxygen causes brain damage... He's perfect.. 

I'm thankful for the one.. who writes songs with the heart of an old soul.. 

I'm thankful for the one who is tough, but quiet.. who is loving and giving.. 

I'm thankful for the only girl who makes me smile with not only her outward beauty, but with her inward beauty as well.. 

I'm thankful for the one who is smart I think he will be an inventor, or a great writer.. or some such thing.. he has a gentle heart and a kind spirit.. 

I'm thankful for the one who makes me laugh.. who always has a smile... 

I'm thankful for the one who rides dirt bikes, 4-wheelers, and wears duck boots.. 

I'm thankful for the one that loves purses and shoes and shopping... Yes, I'm thankful today for my grandchildren..

I'm thankful today for my Husband.. those of you who know us know that some days it's really difficult to be thankful for him... LOL some days I would like him to take a trip, a long one... then I remember the time I went on vacation with our youngest daughter and had to call him every night.. cause we had never been apart.. I cried the first night.. I can't bear to be without him.. I depend on him.. feel secure and safe with him... I trust him.. with every part of my heart... he is my soul mate.. my beloved.. and he can make a mean pan of fried rice...

I'm thankful for My Salvation and My God... I'm thankful for His love, mercy, forgiveness, guidance, comfort, peace, etc.. He is the reason I exist.. He is my all in all.

I'm thankful for lots of other stuff too.. family all of you!!!!!, friends those who are especially close and those who are special to me in lots of ways.. 

Church family.. I can always count on them for prayer and for friendship.

 I'm thankful for health, computers, grass, blue skies, sun, heat, flowers, trees, dogs, cats, animals in general... (grin) I'm thankful for keys, cars, roads, phones, candy, chocolate, carbonated beverages, water, washers and dryers, well pumps, toilets, tractors, chairs, Christmas, Christmas decoration, lights, and music... 

I'm so thankful for music and dancing, jokes, TV.. cookies, pie, turkey, dressing... trenary toast, Finns, flags, our Military, doctors, nurses, medicine, chemo, I'm thankful for turtles, birds, boats, flea-markets, garage sales.. 

I'm thankful for smells, memories, TV movies, Thursday night dramas, organ music, pianos, bubble baths, shopping.... buckets, wheelbarrows, garbage bags, Ziplock Bags, bowls, refrigerators, freezers, window screens... 

I'm thankful for propane, gravel, snow blowers, lights, antiques, folding tables and chairs, picnic tables, grills, charcoal, towels, flannel sheets, comforters, and quilts..

Yep, today I'll spend thinking on all the things I'm thankful for, while I do the prep work for Thanksgiving Day.. I'll be to busy on Thanksgiving.. cooking, visiting, eating, watching movies, making calls to family and friends out of State, and washing dishes.

 I think I'm going to keep a gratitude journal again.. I want to make sure I notice all the stuff I can be thankful for every day.. I don't want to get to busy to notice.. I want to be thankful for all of it... the small things, the big things.. I want to be thankful..