Monday, November 11, 2013

Don't Forget To Thank A Vet...




On this Veterans Day I want to say Thank you to our Veterans. There are many that I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. Since I am a member of a Troop Support Group I've gotten a chance to meet some awesome Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors. Many I've never had a chance to meet in person, but I've become acquainted with them through emails, facebook, and letters. 

I wrote a blog post in July of 2012 thanking some of those I've had the pleasure of sending packages to. I always take a name or two off our mailing list and "adopt" them. That means I pack their boxes, write letters, and pick up a few extra things I send them. 

You can read the post and see the photos Here. I have a couple of more thank yous to mention here. 


this is Austin, I'm packing him boxes now. 

Ryan is sitting in the truck. He's recently come home. 

Justin.. The son of a dear friend home now.. 

I have by no means thanked all those I've had the joy of "adopting" over the past 10 years, there have been over 60 of them.. That doesn't include all the Veterans I've met as part of our local VFW Post and those my husband, a Vietnam Vet, and I have met as he uses the benefits from the VA medical community. 

If you stop and think about it, you know a Vet or two. Make sure you thank them today.  Thank their families too. They also make sacrifices so their family member can serve. 

If you have served or are serving our Country. I want to say Thank you. I wish there were better words. Words that could convey the depth of my thank you, But thank you is all I have. It is said from the depths of my heart...