Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Am Determined...


  I have spent the past 3yrs. trying to get my back porch cleaned off, Sell off a bunch of that junk back there, and to get the rest of the floor over the 2 1/2 foot drop finished..

I am determined to get it done. I have faced obstacle after obstacle. Three knee surgeries, bad knees, heat, rain, painful knees, and realizing I just can't do it by myself anymore.


I am determined to get that porch cleaned off, the floor put in, and hopefully sell a bunch of that stuff back there, or at least make a dent in it..

I have gotten lazy the past 3 yrs. I just don't push myself to hard. I'll admit it's because of fear. Fear that I'll injure my knees again, and the thought of any more knee surgery is unacceptable. Totally, No Way, Absolutely refuse.

I'm corralling grandkids, well any that are available, and I'm also asking a kid at Church. Alex just got his driver's licence so I'm really hoping he'd like to earn a little gas money..

I know we all have goals we set. I have many I accomplish, but this one just seems to constantly elude me. I actually have been planning it for the past 5+ years.. Shhhh that's our little secret.. So for now I'm ready. I know it won't be easy, but I know if I can have some help, and if hubby can get the floor put in. I will have met a huge goal. I can then spend the rest of the fall arranging and storing things out there where I can find them easier. Put up shelving units. Have a place for my pots, pans, baking dishes, and the assorted kitchen appliances that I need to use, but don't want to store in the leaky damp basement.

I won't even talk about my next goal of getting everything out of the basement and organized out on that back porch.. I'm kind of afraid that I will have a full porch even with the shuffling around , selling and re-arranging.. For now, one goal at a time. If you just happen to to be free next week and are bored and would like to build up your arm and leg muscles: I have a few things you could carry off an old back porch.