Monday, December 13, 2010

More Christmas Favorites


More Christmas Favorites...

The Church in the photos above has always been part of my Christmas. It belonged to my parents. It's been around longer then I have. It is kind of beat up.. the bottom is missing and the light is gone.. (I did find a new light so I can light it at night now) It lived with my sister-in law for a couple of years, but it found it's way back to me. It goes up every year.

The best part of the scene now whether with the crystal nativity set (a gift from Marsha, one of my day care kids of the 90's) or by itself; is Santa Worshipping the Baby Jesus. (I got this In Frankenmuth at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland. (http://www.bronners.com/?tag=LG10&keyword=bronners)

Husband suggested that I remove the baby Jesus in our larger Nativity display so I could put a light in it. It sits in the living room in a kind of dark corner. I reminded him that Jesus is the Star of Christmas.. Without the Baby there is no Christmas.. Remove Jesus to put up a light.. He is the Light of the world.. I suggested some clear lights be added to the Creche next year. I love that guy.