Monday, December 13, 2010

Favorite Christmas Decorations...

This Santa and Mrs. Claus are very special to me. I got them on my honeymoon in 1983. Santa for hubby and Mrs. Clause for me. I have to laugh, I got them at a gas station/convenience store/gift shop. Forwards, you locals will recognize that name. We had gone up to Standish to squirrel hunt. These are always the first decorations placed on the tree.



This decoration was hand painted by a lady that we met on our 10th wedding anniversary. We decided to spend the weekend touring the east side of the state. We spent the night in Port Huron and found this at a Flea-market the next morning.


This beautiful Santa was painted by my dear friend Connie. She is so talented. She has painted and sold wood crafts for year. It's funny how we both painted many Santas among other things and never thought to keep any of them for ourselves.


This is another very special ornament. It's not the original. When my Sister-in law had my dad's Christmas things a few things were misplaced. I found this at a flea-market a few years ago. It is an exact replica of the reindeer ornament my Dad had for years before us kids came along. The red has worn off his nose, but I know who he is. A special memory of my childhood.


This is one the recent additions of my most precious and favorite Christmas decorations.
Don made this Santa, sleigh, and reindeer for me a few years ago. I kept them in Ky. when we stayed the winters there. I brought it home to Michigan 2 years ago. I just love it. so much work detail, and love went into it.

I hope you are putting out some decorations with great memories and stories. Make sure you share a few of them with your family.