Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Yule Ya'll




I love Santa, I took a tole painting class in the 1990's. This is my favorite Santa. I painted a few others along with a sled. Most I gave away for gifts. This one sits out every year. I love his beard.

WOW, another Christmas almost upon us. I can't believe how fast the time has gone since Thanksgiving.

I finally finished decorating the house. I got the decorations out Last week. I love to decorate EVERYTHING.. I even take down a lot of the decor and put up decoration.
I know, my husband says he same thing.. Crazy woman.

This year it took me a week to put the tree up. The other decorations went up quickly. I didn't do my usual "Whole house" thing, but I did do up the living room and a bit of the kitchen. I even tossed a Santa in the bathroom. I haven't put out the special Christmas hand towel yet, but I think that's all that I need to do. I'll wait till we have guests. Toothpaste wiped all over it would simply ruin the whole aura of Joy.

I thought I would show you a few of my favorite decorations. I love each one. I can just about tell you where every decoration on the tree came from. They all hold special memories. I have boxes of them that won't fit on our 4 ft. tree. I think I finally talked husband into letting me get a 6.5 ft. one after Christmas if I can find one that will fit in our very limited space, and it's on sale for an excellent price.

You already saw my favorite Santa ( of the ones I painted) . Below you will see one of my favorite gifts/ornaments. I got it from one of my Day Care Mom's. Mackenzie and Aaron's mom to be exact. All the kids knew Miss Karen had a vacation home in Ky. I think this ornament is perfect. It hung on our Ky. tree for the 10 + yrs. we spent our Christmas' there..
I share a few more of my favorites tomorrow..