Thursday, December 30, 2010

Matt, Shut Your Mouth...

Christmas here is always up in the air. We are never really sure when it will come. We usually have at least 2 Christmases.

These are the boys. Mike, Matt, and Tim. Mike is my Step-grandson, This was his first time to spend the Christmas day/weekend. (week before the real one) The Boys come down and We eat, open gifts, make cookies and other treats, and just generally have fun. Lots of fun.

This year was different, all three at one time and all teenagers. whooo goodness.. Hubby and I had girls. I know girls. I know what most girls like.. Boys are a whole different thing, and teen boys are even more fun. Lot of eating, drinking, game system playing.. laughing, and goofing. Yep they will keep a grandmother young. In the photo above we tried to get a nice pic of the boys and grandma Karen.. aka: GK (snicker) after 10 attempts, we just gave up. The last photo was good.. but my eyes were closed, so this was the best one.
Gift opening on Christmas Day. Hubby was all excited and laughing. The dogs, Rosey (laying) and Sissy were excited about all the paper ripping and the oohs and aahs. Rosey is kind of nervous by nature, and was concerned that we were hurting her daddy. LOL so she eventually left for her crate till all the noise was done and we were eating.

One of my favorite times this year. Christmas Eve Service. I was in the drama this year. It was so much fun. I was a little hesitant as my memorizing skills are a bit rusty. Thank goodness I was given a fun and small part. Plenty of time to check which lines came next so I wouldn't trip anyone up by saying something off the wall.. LOL it was so much fun. The evening ended with candle lighting and singing of Silent night and Joy to the World. Lots of Joy and celebrating.

Hubby calls me Christmas Karen. It is truly my favorite time of year. I love everything about it. Especially the family and friends we get to spend time with. I can't wait for Christmas to come.
For now, I'm ready for Spring.. how about you?