Thursday, June 2, 2016

Finally A New Post





Welcome back to "My Front Porch" It's so good to see you, grab a chair, a glass of iced tea, and sit a spell. 

I can't believe it's been almost 6 months since my last blog post. Yikes. I hope I haven't been kicked out of my family and friend circles for not posting. That would be worse then not posting. 

I have thought about writing a bit. I'll think of something and then get busy thinking about something else and just let it slip my mind. Frankly my life is pretty boring. However today I have decided to Drag bring you along with me on a couple of my journeys. 

First, I've been visiting and baking with a sweet friend's daughter. Abby comes visiting on the occasional Monday to talk and bake with me. Her mom comes too, and that's fun. We also get to talk about stuff. I love getting a younger mom's perspective on things. Abby also has siblings that occasionally join us. That also makes for fun. Kids are fun in general and these kids fit the bill for sweet and funny. 

Second, I am now a "raised bed" gardener. Husband picked up 4 pre-made and hinged (exciting, I know) beds at a yard sale for $1 each. I thought it would be fun to share our experience with that. Especially since it's much more exciting then hearing what TV shows we watched yesterday. Though I may just talk about that some too. Not the shows in particular, but how far Television has come or should I say gone over the top. I'll stop there. 

For now I'm excited to share about my raised bed experiences and my new baking friends. 

I hope you have launched whole hearted into Summer and are enjoying the beauty and fun of each new day.