Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The End Of A Journey...




Today I got a call from my mom. She was sobbing. I held my breath, then she spoke. "It's your aunt Shirley honey. She's gone back to the hospital and the Doctor's are saying it's her heart and she'll leave us in a day or two." her heart was breaking as she told me what she could.  

We had just gotten that same call from husband's Niece a couple of weeks ago when his oldest brother Floyd was in his last days. 

Floyd and Ken

Ken lost his brother Don last spring; now it was Floyd. Two brothers in less then a year. Now my Aunt. The 2nd of mom's sisters to pass. It's a grief and a pain to our hearts. 

Floyd was a good man. God fearing his Grandmother would have said. A fine man. A good brother. His life was full. He had children and a wife that loved and cared for him. He was a farmer. Floyd purchased the "old home place" where Ken was born in Mo. He was able to purchase it and more land to go with it. He took out the trees and made it an excellent rice growing farm. He never bragged about it, but it was one of the highest producing rice farms in Mo. He was proud of that. 

As I spoke with the family all could remember special things Floyd did with them as kids. Like tickets to the Circus. Floyd was a Shriner and gave a lot to help others. He was generous. He had a wonderful Journey. He would tell you the last few years were hard with the Parkinson's. I think he was glad when it finally looked like the end was going to come. Finally his long awaited journey to Heaven and his eternal home.  

Aunt Shirley and Uncle Lynwood

Aunt Shirley too is at the end of her earthly journey now. She also has a loving husband and family. Her journey was full of love and joy. Her heart is full of wonderful memories. Illness has taken it's tole on her. I think she is ready for the final journey from this life to the next. Her little body is tired. 

I know that's it's the best thing for her. I also know my mom, her other siblings, her husband, the kids, and grandkids wished she could get well and stay here with them. I wish it too. 

My mind knows that " Going Home to Heaven" is the most wonderful journey.. The one that begins as this earthly one ends. The one where Jesus is waiting to take our hands and lead us to the mansion He prepared for us. My mind knows that. My heart breaks at it. My heart wants to keep them all here with us. 

Tonight I'm praying for mom, for the brothers, for Lynwood and the rest of the family. I'm praying for Floyd's family too. I know they're grief is fresh and painful. I'm praying that God will fill our hearts with His Peace, His comfort, and His Joy.  

till we meet again in Heaven we love you Floyd and Aunt Shriley. We love you..