Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Here Come The Graduates....










Wow, it's been busy around here the last couple of weeks. We have been in the Thick of it. Graduation. 
This is the first time our family has celebrated a graduation since the girls graduated way back in 1900 and something.  LOL  oh there have been graduations to celebrate, but these are the first of the Grandkids to Graduate and it's GRAND... 


Graduate #1  Tim... 

Grandma and Tim

Tim's was the first graduation to be attended. I even teared up on the way into the school. I was just overwhelmed with the sheer Joy of it. Tim has felt God calling him to the Mission field. He has had a desire to make films. I really wondered how God could use that. I don't think outside the box to often. God has led Tim to just the right place. YWAM Kona  ..  Youth with a Mission is the name of the Org. 
He will attend University of the Nations in Hawaii for 3 months and will be focusing on film and video stuff. You'd have to ask him all the particulars. Then he will join others and use that skill on a Mission trip for 3 months. Most likely it will be to Africa. Tim has to raise almost $10,000. We are trusting that if this is God's will for him. That God will provide. Please keep Tim in your prayers..  

Graduate #2 Marisa... 

Grandma and Marisa... 

Marisa will be starting classes at the U of M in the fall.  I'm not really sure what she will be studying.  She has several different ideas on what she would like to pursue. One of the speeches I heard this week quoted a statistic that said 95% of graduates don't know what their major will be the first year. She's in good company. 

The first of the Open House parties will be this weekend. I will be cooking. I love it. I can't wait. I'm so glad the graduates mamas are letting me help. 

I am still trying to figure out how all the grandkids got so old so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was holding their little hands in mine and walking with them to some adventure. I now find them taking my hand in theirs  to help me down the steps, or to make sure I'm steady on my sassy knee. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of them. My heart is full.  

Be prepared World..  the Graduates are coming...