Monday, June 24, 2013

Brother Time...

         Hubby and his brother M.T. and his great grandson Kyle.... 

We were delighted to hear that Hubby's brother M.T. was heading up with his grt. grandson Kyle. I love to have company. I really love cooking for them. My favorite thing is when the story telling starts. 

My Ken is the baby so his stories are limited to stories about the "Big Brothers"..  he never talks about the ones that involve him. I hear those from the Brothers..  I love it.. Stories were flying this past week. 
Poor Kyle, I hauled out the old photo albums and made him look at them. That got the brothers both remembering.. Funny how one memory will spark another. Laughter and raised eyebrows all around. 

For a moment things are serious. They talk about the brothers who have passed on to their heavenly homes. they quiet a bit, then Kyle pipes up with questions about the canon Uncle Kenny made and does it shoot and can he play with it. Then the stories about the other brothers begin, the smiles return and we laugh. 

This week I'm so thankful for family and especially for Brothers.. the ones who made sure my Ken had wonderful adventures, his first bike, his first hamburger, and his first toy tractor and road grater. I'm thankful for the stories that keep us connected. 

Hubby, M.T., Charlie, Lennie, Sheri, and Kyle. 


Loving those smiles and that laughter.