Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ketchup Saturday...







This has been a long couple of weeks. It's a busy time of year for all kinds of reasons. 

1. The school year is wrapping up. We have two grandchildren graduating. I'm waiting to hear dates for Graduation ceremony's and open house dates. I'm volunteering to help. I tend to want to jump right in and start getting things ready. which is really code for taking over ... I'm trying to be a good grandma and just sit back and let the mom's make the plans and let me know what I can help with. 


2. Husband Ken woke up with double vision a couple of weeks ago. He's had the problem in the past. The eye Dr. made special lenses for him then. The condition lasted about 6 months and disappeared just as it had come. One day there, the next gone. It's been a good 10 yrs.since he had any double vision. This time the double vision is different.. things are not side by side as last time but askew with one object higher then the other. Eye Dr. checked and the things that cause the condition are scary..  There was talk of tumors, eye disease and  myasthenia gravis. I don't mind telling you I did a whole lot of praying. Blood tests were done..And then we got to wait. 


You know how long waiting can be. The doctor called himself. That is scary, I've never had the Dr. himself call, except when the tests showed Ken's prostrate cancer. The Dr. called that day. Well I held my breath as the Dr. said the results were back..... and they were all good.. (exhale)  He said the double vision was most likely from the diabetes (Ken's sugar has been running way to high for months. He is working with the Dr. to try and lower it) and is most likely a blood flow issue. The condition usually resolves itself within a couple of months. (dancing and yaying go here) Other issues are popping up from the high sugar reading too. We are really watching what he is eating and seeing that now certain foods are causing a problem. Learning what he can eat and the amounts. The readings have come down, but not where they should be yet. 


3. I think Spring may actually be here. It did snow this past week. I got a full show of our weird Michigan weather on Thursday. In 3 minutes I saw pouring rain, hail, and then bright sunshine. Weird. I'm itching to get out dig in the dirt and plant something. I've been wanting to make a raised bed for onions and carrots. I'm hoping we may work on one this year. Right now our yard is a sponge and the garden is a swimming pool. Hopefully it will dry out soon and we can start working it up in a couple of weeks. I want to plant a big garden this year. It will help tame our grocery bill and we both love our own canned and frozen food. 

4. Lastly I got the shipping box for the computer yesterday. Yes the new laptop I've had for less then 60 days has issues with powering up. I have to send it to a "repair depot" in Jeffersonville Ind. for repair. I find it odd that there is no "repair depot" or place locally that could fix the issue. I asked them to go through the whole thing and make sure everything is working. It's still blows my mind that the all inclusive warranty only lasts for 90 days.. then some parts are covered for a year. I'm glad I purchased an all inclusive warranty from SquareTrade.com when I first purchased the computer. It will cover the computer for the next 3 yrs.(after the manufactures 90 day warranty)  from everything like internal problems to my dropping it, spilling stuff on it.. or even space alien attack.. uh wait, maybe not space alien attack but pretty much anything else that could happen to it. I'm thinking I'm really glad I got that warranty. Hopefully I won't need it. 

Happy Spring....