Monday, March 18, 2013

Surprises, Birthdays, Hats, and Rainbows...


Love this pic of a rainbow

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. Lots has been going on here at the home front. Mostly it's everyday "fun" stuff like doctor appts., dental visits, grocery shopping, snow shoveling. (I really hope you can hear my voice dripping with sarcasm. None of this stuff is really viewed as fun.) We manage and it's not all bad. I really enjoy the "gas" at the dentist. (grin) 

The new laptop is great. It's been a little easier to get into using the windows 8 then I thought it would be. I just got brave and click on stuff till I figure out what it is and what it does.. and where it goes..  LOL  I can always back out of scary stuff.. or click No when it asks me if I really want to do that.  

Birthday dinner Celebration... 

We got a surprise visit from our youngest daughter yesterday. She had a coupon for a free Birthday dinner at BD's Mongolian Barbeque. She asked if we'd like to go with her. I've been wanting to try it out. For any of you who don't know, you get a bowl. You then choose a meat, a bunch of veggies, some kind of sauce, (this part was scary for me cause I only recognized terryaki) and spices if you want. Then a guy takes your bowl, dumps it on what looks to be a huge cast iron grinding wheel and cooks it. They use some cool chopping sword looking things. They sing, dance and pretty much show off their culinary talents. 

Hubby and our Sue in her attractive Birthday hat... 

Our waiter let the cooking crew know that it was our Sue's Birthday. One of the guys made her this attractive hat. It was all the rage. We all wanted one. I'm planning on getting one next year. I picked up the form to fill out and get a free birthday dinner. I'm doing that today. 

I have known my husband for 33 years now. I've been married to him for almost 30 of those years. I thought I knew everything about him. Really I've talked to him every day for 33 years. I can tell some of his stories better then he can. I am still reeling from the shock of something new he did yesterday at the celebration dinner. 

First you need to know that he wasn't going to eat anything. he was just going to watch us and see how it went. He changed his mind as soon as we grabbed our bowls. He got his food and headed back to the table. When I got back to the table (mine took longer as your food is cooked in order) he pulled out a set of chopsticks he had gotten while waiting and started eating. I sat there in stunned amazement as did Sue. I never knew he could eat with chopsticks. He was really eating with them. He wasn't doing my "stab it and try to get it to your mouth" eating with chopsticks.. Noooo  he was really eating with them. Just like he did it every day. I was in shock. I told him I never knew he could eat with chopsticks. He laughed. He said " you don't live in an Asian country for a year and not learn how to eat with chopsticks".   I asked if there were any other things I didn't know about him. He just grinned.  That was a little scary. 

We continued our meal. The two hooligans made me try to eat with chopsticks. I know they did it so they could laugh in my face. Sue picked hers up and ate with them too. I'm so jealous. I'm signing up for chopstick lessons as soon as I can find a place. I'm not confident I'll master the technique, but I'm hoping to at least be able to grab something with them. 

I love the colors. 

Lastly I wanted to add a bit about the rainbow pictures I took last week. The sky was still a bit dark from a rain storm that had hit North of us. Suddenly the sun appeared and so did the rainbow. I was so thrilled at how bright the colors were. It was beautiful. I love seeing rainbows. It reminds me of God's promise to us to Never destroy the earth with a flood again. 

The past couple of weeks has been challenging at some points and fun at others. About the time I think my life is terribly boring God reminds me of His Love, His watch care, His promises. He gives me a day full of Surprises, Birthdays, Hats, and Rainbows.