Friday, November 30, 2012

I Can Tell I'm Getting Older...



I can tell I'm getting older.. You may wonder how I would know that.. It's because The Shopping Has Begun.  The Christmas Shopping to be exact. 

Yesterday friend Connie and I made our annual trip to the Ginormous Outlet Mall. 145 stores. Endless shopping Opportunities. There were even fast food places located around the perimeter of the mall so we could rejuvenate ourselves every few hours if needed. 

We started out great. Whizzing from store to store. Carrying our purchases.. Giddy with the smell of newly arrived merchandise. That lasted about 45 minutes. Then we seemed to move slower. We started taking our items to the Truck one at a time.. Walking down past 6 shops was no longer fun or feasible. I needed a ride to the next store. I realize it's just the other side of this door.. I'm tired.. My knees ache.. My feet hurt... 

We decided to stop for lunch. Thank goodness the place had comfortable chairs. My list of "have to go there" stores was getting smaller by the minute. It's just a store. They're all the same Right?

We finally agreed, after hobbling through 3 more stores, we were done. We both agreed the family loved those gifts we got at the corner gas station/convenience store.. Where else can you buy Hot and spicy sunflower seeds, bacon, and day old Krispy Kremes? We placed the last of our purchases in the Truck and headed home. Thrilled at our Savvy Shopping ways. Thankful that we don't have to try this again until next year.