Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Am Hooked On Coupons...

My coupon haul for the day. 

I am hooked on Coupons. I love them. Is it work cutting them all out, yes. Is it a pain to organize them in my ginormous binder, yes. Is it a pain to go through and toss the old expired coupons, yes x2... So why do I spend hours cutting, sorting, organizing and tossing?  So I can get these kinds of deals.

Free Baby wipes, Toothbrushes, Floss picks and Room spray.. .78 cent shampoo, and .97 dish soap. The sweet potatoes are only .24 cents a pound.. I'm heading back for more later..

The Total retail for all these items. $94.75... After store reward card and coupons.. $16.78.. I saved 84% off the retail price... I purchased 24 items and only paid $16.74.. that's less then $1 an item..

I need to thank the folks at savingmania.net for showing me how to make coupon shopping pay for me. I love that they do all the footwork and I just click their site and print the deals for the week.. I met 2 ladies today who also coupon shop. They hit the store Mondays and go row by row writing down prices and sales. then  they were out shopping tuesday mornings. I don't have that kind of time, well I do, but who wants to spend hours in the grocery store? Not me. I really appreciate a group that does all that for me.

I've even got hubby checking for coupons and bringing them to me. The grandkids think I'm a cool granny cause I have a stash of their favorite stuff. They told me on a recent visit that if the Zombie Apocalypse happened they were coming here cause Grandpa has axes and shovels, and I have lots of food and toiletries. LOL  love those grandkids and the money I save shopping the coupon way.