Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It All Started With A New Monitor





Wow, To think it all started with a new computer monitor. My day was great. I got a new monitor. I hurried home from the super store with the new monitor and a song in my heart... 

I am not tech savvy in the least, but even I couldn't mess up unplugging a cord and plugging it in the new monitor. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy  Right ???  
WRONG

I kind of lost the connecting thingy when it fell into the computer (desktop black hole of death) 
I just told you I don't know much about the tech part of computers, but I do know one thing for certain. 
You will die if you ever take the side of your computer off. 
or so I was told by my tech savvy friend "Karen" several years ago when I got my first computer. 

I think she told me that to make sure I would never open up the computer and start messing with stuff.
I never did. I know fear when I hear it. 

Well I did get that VGA plug thingy out and got it plugged in, or so I thought. I had to lay the 
tower down 3 times and work on connecting until it finally stayed put. 
got all my cords (about 97) unwound and I was ready to Rock it on my new monitor.. 

WRONG

Nothing happened. I couldn't get the crazy thing to turn on.
I called my friend "Cindy" she had given me the computer and is real tech savvy.  
She even knows how to supe up stuff. She's like the hot rod Puter woman. 
She opened it up, pulled some stuff out, looked at other stuff, and tried to power it up. 
Nothing. 

She made a call to her brother in law, he's gonna look at it and see if it's the power supply 
or a fried mother board. 
For now Cindy has loaned my another computer she had. Don't tell her, but I love it. 
Just like the other one. Hoped up and speeds along. I have my favorite programs on it already. 
I told her this afternoon. She looked shocked.. goodness I've had it for 24 hrs. I need to get things 
done. I need to Skype, and Pin, and play Mafia wars with my friends. 

I told her not to worry I'll take it all off when mine is fixed, or when I find a used one to purchase. 
I really hope she lets me keep this one. We are like best friends already. 


I did find this cool thing to do with the dead computers I have sitting around. 
Looks like fun. People's talents amaze me.. 

To catch you up: 
1. We had our Giant Huge Hoard Sale and it was a success. We got rid of a lot of things. We kept a few but most were sold or donated to our local Goodwill store. 

2. I'm now working, well not now, but as soon as it cools off a bit, I will be working on labeling all the boxes of keep stuff I have and organizing it on the back porch. I was going to open all the totes and try to put like things together. FORGET IT.  I shall look for large sticky labels and will just peek in the totes and get an idea of what is in there and write it on the label. hopefully I can list most of the contents. that should help with locating items when I need to find them. 

3. I have been given the OK to purchase 4 sets of identical sheer curtains to replace the purty black garbage bags we had hanging on those back windows. woot woot.. I can also purchase 2 shelving units or 2 pantry storage units and a table. the table will most likely hold assorted cooking items, like my crock pots, bread machine, mixer, roaster etc. I have a folding table I can keep at the ready for sewing and scrap booking now that I actually have a window I can set it up under. 

4. The shelves will hold my coupon stash. No worries, I don't have enough "stash" to be on any extreme couponing show. 

5. I no longer have a hoard pile so no fear of that show calling to come out and film.. Thank Goodness. 
I'm sure the grands will still think we have to much, But unlike our kids, they think all our old junk is really cool. Just like us..