Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Results Are In, It's Officially Fried...


This is NOT my happy face. Well, actually this is not my face at all. I would never wear a green and red stripped tie except at Christmas. 

This is what I know. The power supply was fried and the Motherboard was fried. The Tech guy aka: my girlfriend Cindy's Brother in law, is not sure what went first, But it is 
(big technical term coming here) 
"Toast". 

I did have a second hard drive in the computer. One I've taken out of each one I've had since it's housed
all the photos I've taken from 2007 to date.  It had all the genealogy.. 
OH MY GOODNESS.. 
I just realized it had all the genealogy on it.. I had info. for over 100 Howe families on a file I had created. 

Kill me NOW

OK, I'm OK. I will quit shaking and crying someday.
For now I'm going to Pray that my friend Cindy can recover at least some of the files on that 2nd HD. 
I'm praying really hard about that. 

I have lost everything that was on the 1st HD as I said earlier. All the wedding photos, Anniversary photos and pictures I have gotten from folks on facebook are gone. 

Word to the Wise, BACKUP. Use something. Cindy's Brother in law has a dandy little set up that he can use to try and recover the files. It can also make the HD an external one. If It's not "hosed" I'm going to use it for that. I am also going to get an account at one of those "cloud storage" things. 
I'm reading about them now. Drop box is one of many. It's to important not to back Things up. 

I'm trying to be positive and not to broken hearted about the whole thing. 
I'm really starting to remember all the things I had stored on those hard drives. Amazing what important things I added never considering anything would happen. 

Back up 
My new catch phrase..