Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here Comes Winter...



After a December that was the 7th warmest on record in Flint and the 5th warmest in recorded history in the Tri-Cities coupled with a January that so far seemed on track for the same thing, payback is almost here. Payback in the form of our first significant snowfall since late November. Check out the full story here.

I loved this December. it was wonderful. I didn't have to stay home even one time because of the weather or nasty roads. January has seen a few 50 degree days. One report said that temps this warm in January haven't been seen since the 1940's.  Wow, that means that I have never, in all my 50+ years, seen a January this warm. I've seen this one, and I LIKE IT.... 

I knew that these sunny warm days couldn't last forever. Even now I feel colder. The news is already warning of icy, messy roads for the morning. I have to go out. There is a funeral dinner tomorrow. I dread having to get up early so I can salt the sidewalk and scrape the ice off the windshield. I am thankful that we should only see a couple of inches of snow. Hopefully the road crews will be out early and the main roads will be decent. 

Our road is always the worst. The salt trucks may come down this way in a couple of days. We just have to hope we can make it up to the main road. 

I have all my stuff ready. It's part of living in Michigan. I have my heavy coats, scarves, gloves, boots, and assorted hats ready the middle of October. They have been sitting and patiently waiting. I guess tomorrow Winter comes, and it looks like she will stay for a while..