Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Week Of Adventure Awaits Me...



It's Vacation Bible School Week !!  Oh it's been a great week so far.  A week of Adventure and Fun. 
     
If you haven't guess our Theme is "Big Apple Adventure". We are visiting New York City each night and learning all kinds of wonderful things. 


I usually take a night and teach the Bible story to all the various age groups. I decided to Mix it up this year. I am officially the "Snack Lady"  aka: Part of the Team at " Midtown Snacks". 


We are a Snack Shop in New York.  A Vendor of awesome yumminess. We even have a hot dog cart and bench. It's wonderful...  





We are not your ordinary Snack stop.  NOOOO We are also re-enforcing what the kids are learning in their daily Bible study. This week We are learning how to Connect with Faith, Love, Trust, Others, and Life.. It's great. 


Our menu is fun. Tonight we are having Cityscape Waffles, Big Apple dippers, and juice. 
The waffles will be cut into skyscraper shapes and we'll have a cream cheese Marshmallow dip for the apple wedges.  We love it.  The Team and I.  


My favorite snack item is yet to come. It will be wed. night. The "Taxis"  I really hope they work out.  You use a vanilla zinger cake as the base of the taxi. Take mini Oreo cookies and separate the cookie, scoop out the frosting. You now have two tires.. do this twice for the tires, add a tootsie roll midget on top for the "taxi sign", headlights, and taillights and there you will have it. An edible taxi. I think I'm going to make a practice one tonight, just to make sure the frosting will hold the parts on. 


I suggested last night when we were discussing the rest of the week, that we should make them on the plates they will be served on. That way if something "falls off", It will all still be there to eat. LOL   I can't wait to see how it turns out. I'll have to take my camera and take photos. I hadn't taken any pictures yet since we've been busy getting into the snack making and serving mode. LOL 


The Big night is Thursday. That's Family night. The Parents of the kids stay and go through all the different activities with them. Then everyone meets in back and we have a big hot dog supper along with some of the snack we prepared during the week. 



I like the Sunday through Thursday schedule. So many of the kids could not come on Friday nights. Many head up north for the weekend, or head off to grandma's house, or off on vacation. Thursdays most families are still in town. 


I love VBS. I love the decorating, and planning. I love the stories, and the costumes. I love the Bible stories and the singing. Now I love making snacks. I had some kids ask me what we were having tonight. They are so excited to see what we have. LOL  I love it. 


I hope you have a chance to work in VBS, or have an opportunity to take some children to a VBS at your Church or in your area. It's a wonderful time of fun.