Friday, July 15, 2011

Farmer's Market Finds... Veggies and Goat Milk Soap


 Today was my first trip of the summer to the Farmer's Market. I love it. It's like a huge surprise every week. You never know who or what you may find there.
 
This week most of the items are from other states. I did find some green beans from up north of us, also some cherries and peaches. I even found Tomatoes from Canada. LOL  Today I let the location slide. I normally buy from local merchants.

Today's haul. Green beans, White new potatoes, Honey and cream sweet corn, cucumbers, radishes (my friend Connie gave her half of her bunch), and a HUGE honey rock melon.

I also grabbed some Goat Milk Soap.

The Unscented soap looks just like the photo above. Mine doesn't look exactly like this as I got the scented kind and I got one of the oops bars.. opps, Scott made a mistake cutting it.. Go Scott. Scott and his wife Laurie along with their kids are friends. They have Nubian goats they purchased in order to make the goat milk soap for one of the boys. He suffers from dermatitis. I heard there are rave reviews from many who have tried it. The soap is made from pure goat milk (no water added to this recipe) and then other natural ingredients that help exfoliate, like oatmeal. I can't wait to use it. It smells yummy. The bar I got is Pineapple scented. If you would like to check out our friend's fb page about their soap, you can click here.

I looked through one of my cooking magazines that came in the mail today. Taste of Home Healthy Cooking. I found a great recipe for grilled corn in the husks. I also found one for blueberry crisp. I'm going to cook the green beans and new potatoes in the crock pot tomorrow with some ham. Then I'm going to grill steaks and the corn. I'll make the blueberry crisp for dessert. yummo. I can't wait. It's suppose to be about 90 degrees so grilling out sounds like a great option. 

Think I'll make a big pitcher of Ice Tea and sit out on the patio. It will be a day to lounge and enjoy summer.