Monday, May 16, 2011

My Walgreen's Shopping Trip May 16th..


 I want to state for the record that I've been a little leery of trying to Coupon shop at Walgreens. I am finally  getting the Rite-Aid system and coupon policies down. It takes a little time, but if you check out some Coupon websites, you should have a few by now, you will see that it sounds more difficult then it is.
I want to give a big fist bump, to my Cashier. I have had the same one two times now and he has been very helpful, and has made sure I get the best deal. He is amazing. I look forward to my next trip.

I made my trip this morning after Physical therapy, so I made out my list late last night. I missed a few deals that I found posted around the net this afternoon, but I still think I did pretty good for a Walgreens Newbie.

I purchased the following items:
4- air wick warmer units (these are free this week usually $1.49)
4- air wick scented oil refills
3- 16 oz Gillette body wash
1- Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor
2- Bags Hershey's Bliss candy
1-  11.5 oz can of Maxwell house coffee
2- Quilted Northern 9 big rolls pkg. toilet paper
   the regular prices for all the items was $78.40
   with the sale price, in-store coupons, Manufactures' coupons, and register rewards I paid:  $26.16
.  a savings of 66%..not bad..

 after coupons and register rewards,
$2 each for the air wick refills
Free air wick warmer units
Gillette Body wash $1.33 each
Hershey's bliss candy $.75 each
Gillette Fusion Proglide razor $5.89 out of pocket with a $5 register reward today making it $.89
Maxwell house coffee.. $2.79 (used $2 RR from last week making it .79)
Quilted Northern Bath tissue. $3.99 each.. used 2 RR for $3 each making bath tissue .99 each,
 and I received $3 register reward for one of them..

I also got a rain check for Captain Crunch cereal. it's on sale for $1.75 a box.  I am donating the Toilet paper and the coffee (I just bought 12 cans a couple of weeks ago) to our Church Food Pantry. I'll be taking the cereal there too. We don't eat much cereal, but when I can get it for $1 a box I can't pass that up.