Thursday, March 24, 2011

OK, Where Did The Grass Go????

My poor little Robin friend can't figure out what happened to spring...

I saw this scene out my kitchen window this morning. We had a wonderful Winter storm that left us with about 6 inches of snow and 2 inches of ice.. The snow was wet and stuck.. then the ice encased it. This morning it was a sparkly like diamonds when the sun shined on it. So beautiful, but so cold.

This poor Robin caught my eye. I know he is wondering what in the world happened. This past week was sunny and we even had a couple of really warm days. Then Pow, off to January weather again. Robin was sitting on the limbs of our skinny pine. The weight of the snow and ice had bent it's limbs low. I know the poor little guy was just mystified by the scene he awoke to. No grass, no bugs, no seeds. He took a good look around.. Fluffed himself up and flew off to begin his day.

I felt the same way this morning. I had a bad night. lots of pain and not much sleep. sassy sassy knees.. anyway.. I surveyed my yard and wondered where in the world my spring went.. then I just fluffed myself up, got on my stretchy pants, my winter coat and gloves and headed with hubby in the 4x4 off to Physical Therapy.

I love Nature; animals and birds especially. They sometimes seem taken by surprise, but they never sit and bemoan the day or it's circumstances. Well at least I don't think they do. They just go on and do their thing. I can take a tip from them. Be happy that you are. Look at the circumstance you are working with today. (no point in worrying about tomorrow) and just get on with what you have to do.