Wednesday, March 16, 2011

HI HO, HI HO It's Off To Therapy I Go...

Well here I am again. My third knee scope in 10 months. This time on my right knee; aka: "my good knee". Ha ! Not anymore. It's a sassy very stubborn knee. Refusing to bend to my will. hmm maybe a little like me. Well just a little.

I started Physical Therapy again this week. I have a new place I'm going. The other one closed. This bunch is sweet and it's still really close to home. I was afraid I was going to have to make the 10 mile trip to the Sports medicine gym/therapy office. I'm glad I don't. Gas prices and pkup trucks make for unhappy partners these days. That and Hubby is driving me. My driving leg this time. Pulling myself up into the drivers seat is not something I can do just yet. I'm not sure how far my knee will co-operate as far as pressure on the gas pedal or brake, so I'm waiting a few more days before I try it.

Hubby likes it. He drops me off and heads up to a little diner where he drinks coffee and has a breakfast special or a coney dog and fries, depending on the time of day. For now I'm going 3 times a week. They are working on both knees. I'm hoping to be walking with both knees bending and minimal pain soon.

The prognosis this time is for 3 months before the knee heals. I'm hoping by then I'll be kicking up my heals, even if it's just an inch or two off the floor. I have gathered some very useful information in my recovery this time. I will pass it on here over the next few days. Oooh Suspense, makes you want to hurry back for more doesn't it.. LOL
hope you are having a great week. I'll be hitting the therapy again in the morning. You'll recognize me. I'm the one with the cane, the pain pill, and the interesting gate.