Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Paczki Day Aka: Fat Tuesday...

Happy Paczki Day...
yahooo my favorite day between Valentines Day and St. Patricks Day. I just love Paczkis. My favorite are lemon filled. Hubby likes his with no filling.

If you are not familiar with Paczki "pronounced poonch-key" you are missing a real treat. They are made out of a donut type batter, deep fried.. yummmy and then filled with prune, Bavarian cream, lemon, raspberry, strawberry, and other fruit fillings. The proper way to eat them is to sprinkle them with lots of powdered sugar. See the photo below...




I must admit that if we buy a dozen of these, I can eat more than half of them, so I try to limit myself to just 2.. I think they say they are 500 calories each, so I had my paczkis for lunch today.

Here is a photo of the guys at Jablonski's bakery making the paczkis. They make and sell hundreds of dozens of these today. Husband made two trips to the bakery till he could find a place to park. This morning the line was out around the side of the building. Yes, they are that good. These are the best. I've purchased paczki at the grocery store. They are ok, but not nearly as good as Jablonskis.

I had my 3rd knee surgery on the 18th of Feb. I should start my physical therapy sometime next week. Hopefully this will be the last of the knee surgeries for a while. It will also be the last of the paczkis for a while too. I have to lose weight. My knees have finally revolted and will continue to do so until I can drop some weight. I will keep them as a once a year treat.

By the way, hubby bought a dozen. Anyone for a paczki? give me a call.