Thursday, February 10, 2011

We Interupt This Blog for a Ha Ha Moment...

Before I tell you the next Story from the Husband Files, I'd like to tell you about a funny thing that happened to me.

As a member of a troop support group I help with some of the fund raising activities. We set up at car shows, farmers markets, special events like the traveling wall, tractor shows, craft shows etc. We accept donations for a few things like t-shirts, leather items, water, smoothies, baked goods, etc. We even pack boxes at some events. We give out info about our group. All the money we raise at these events go to pay our shipping costs.

One weekend a couple of years ago we were asked to set up our booth during the GM 100th anniversary. We set up at the Flint Cultural Center with all the Buick’s.
(Buick was celebrating 105 yrs.) There were Buick’s from 1908 on till the present on display. I was amazed. There were a couple of hundred Cars all on display. Many I had never seen or heard of before. I saw some of the coolest stuff. I took time to go out take pictures and look at some of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.. people came from all over the world to the event. It was huge. I walked everywhere in sandals and looked at everything.

I went home with some bug bites.. nothing unusual for Michigan. The bites got itchy and swollen and weepy. hmmm. I'm allergic to sand fleas, I guessed that was it, Sand Fleas. Another day or two passed and I was scratching my legs and feet off . I decided it was NOT sand fleas.

Finally I had hubby get me some benedryl, and went to the doctor. LOL I have given my last measure of flesh for our troops.. LOL I had poison ivy. oh my goodness. It was horrible. I lived on steroids and Benedryl for days. I spent hours dipping myself in calamine lotion. I was red, blotchy and really itchy. LOL so know that there are a few of us who take supporting our troops really seriously..