Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Soon To Be a New Knee

It has been a great couple of weeks. I may have told you that I hurt my "good knee" on Super bowl Sunday. I got some snacks and when I went to sit down. "OUCH".. BIG PAIN in my good knee. The one that had been inflamed and swollen and really sassy for a week or so.

I was not to excited; especially when I couldn't walk on it. I headed out the Dr. office on that Monday and they made an apt. with my Knee dude for the following Monday (yesterday)
Guess what???? I need to have Knee surgery.

Yahooooo

NOT..

This Friday I will have yet another knee surgery. I am really hoping that this fixes all my knee issues for a while. I think all the stress of 18 months of carrying the better part of my weight on my good (right) knee finally caught up with me. It just couldn't handle it anymore. That and one of my Physical Therapists from last summer told me I don't walk correctly because my knees are not formed correctly. My weight is all carried on the inside of the knee joint instead of in the middle.

I chose the photo above because in about 12 weeks I'd like to look like her. Knees bending, flexing and doing all types of Knee stuff.. whooo hooo.. LOL

I really would like to look like her for real. LOL.. maybe if I diet, which I must.
Not sure I'll ever be stick thin, but would like to be able to keep my real knees working a bit longer before I have to get the fake ones.