Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Knee-d You to Know Newsletter....

Hello again...
Just wanted you all to know that I'll be having my 3rd knee surgery tomorrow morning. I know crazy huh.. I have to be at the hospital by 7:30am so I'm guessing surgery will be about 9 ish.. please pray for the surgery and my recovery. I'm so ready to be done with knee problems.

The new twist to this is that It will be the other knee.. apparently the good knee got jealous about all the attention the bad knee was getting and threw a fit. It's in the lime light now. Guess it's another tear in the meniscus. they will know for sure once they get in there and scope it out.. get it.. scope.. arthroscopic surgery.. LOL I got a million of 'em..

The surgery is quick and I'll be home sometime in the afternoon.. the best thing about it is I know just what to expect.
the nurses all know me on a first name basis.
the anesthesia guys all say:
"oh it's you again." I remember you little miss "I have TMJ but won't take a spinal."

duh.. no I'm not getting a spinal.. you ever heard those horror stories.. I have.. no thanks.. I'll get my jaw back in place sooner or later.. sooner if you do your job right..

Husband Ken has taken to his position as head homemaker pretty well. He does hate laundry and cooking.. but is a real pro at dish washing, vacuuming, and toilet scrubbing.. I'm so glad.

my buddy Cindy,from Church, is coming up to keep Ken calm.. or try to.. I told her about his funny jokes.. the best one, always said very loudly..
" hey they don't have any playboy magazines in here, what kind of place is this"
She suggested she bring her "Big" Bible and read it out loud to him..
I say.. good luck with that.. :)
** update.. Cindy can't come.. oh no the Surgical waiting room may never be the same..

If any of you want to come and keep Ken quiet.. I mean keep him company.. please feel free to..
Pray.. that's the best thing you can do for me.
Ky. friends, I guess our trip down will have to wait for a bit. I'm hoping I'll be recovered and full of knee flexing power soon. hopefully later on this spring or early summer.. I miss you all..

Special Troops: I will still be writing you.. so don't think I'll be forgetting about you. The group will continue to pack those awesome boxes for you as always.. you won't miss out on a thing.. ( just the special little treats I send, but I have a stash and I'll see you get them later :) happy)

OK, that's it.. thanks for praying for me..
love you all, hugs,