Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Saturday Plan...

I just LOVE Maxine, I think and look like her more and more everyday!

I like to have a plan for each day. I make a list of one or two things I'd like to get done that day. I am not nearly as ambitious as my cousin Sharyn, or my dear friend Terry. They both have lists ! Real lists, on paper and everything. They are numbered, and the number goes to at least 10. If I can get one of my two things done I feel like I've really accomplished something.

Today was " defrost the fridge" Saturday. That was the plan. Then maybe do the dishes. I will admit it now. I am not a really good housekeeper. Oh, you probably wouldn't get any horrible disease in my home, but you will see dust, maybe some dirt from shoes on the linoleum, an un-scrubbed tub (still can't get down to scrub it good.. I try) and you will find dirty dishes. Don't get me wrong, I do them, just not everyday.

So today was Defrost day. You may wonder why I am defrosting a refrigerator, well let me tell you. below you will see my fridge. We are not sure how old it is. Hubby said it came with the house when he bought it in 1969. RCA-Whirlpool. Hmmm never knew they were together as a company. We figure our fridge was made in the 1950's. Here is the info. I found on the Internet.

For a long time, RCA, also known as the Radio Corporation of America, used the slogan 'The most trusted name in electronics.' Whirlpool licensed the RCA name and marketed RCA Whirlpool refrigerators from the late 1950s through the early 1990s. RCA Refrigerators are not longer manufactured.

Here is the Nameplate on the old girl.

the inside. The box on the top is the freezer.
She puts out a ton of cold air.
In the summer I find myself defrosting it twice a month.
My freshly defrosted fridge.
If you look at the left side you will
see a stick. I use it to prop up the shelf.
The plastic is so old, it has cracked and broken.
The shelves are all propped up with wood.
The drawer is where I keep the ice cube trays.

Crisper drawer on the bottom.
Metal shelves.
And it's very Wide and short.


So today I defrosted. I got a call from my friend Connie just as I was putting in the last of the items. K-Mart was having a big sale on all their summer clothes. Everything $2.99. I grabbed my jacket and headed out.

I found a few things for next summer. I came home, worked on my coupons, looked at some magazines, and watched two new shows. I decided to save the dishes for tomorrow. I'll do them in the afternoon after Church. We have a potluck. I'll probably take a nap first. LOL I love Sunday naps. Then I'll get those dishes washed. and admire my beautiful defrosted fridge.