Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's September, But It Sure Feels Like Fall...

It's September, But it sure feels like fall. The last couple of days it's been cool. Dear husband and I have both been downright Cold.

I was out shopping today. I go the first week of the month to stock up on the necessities. I spent the afternoon at a couple of Super Stores in the area. The summer things have all been moved to a few aisles. They aren't marked down yet, well some are, but I'll bet next week the Clearance of summer will start.

I've been especially sad all day. I could almost sit down and cry. My beautiful summer has come and gone without me. Oh I know, we'll still have a few warm days ahead. It's suppose to be 80 on Labor day. Thank goodness. I also see one or two more 80 degree days scheduled for later next week. So the warm days are not gone, but will be soon.

The garden is slowing down. There is a slight crispness in the air. I bought apples today. I plan to make hubby an apple pie this week. I bought some new flannel sheets, and looked at boots. I didn't look long. It's just to sad. I thought of how many more summers I may have in this life. I'm hoping for at least another 40 or so. I just hate that this one came and went so quickly.

I do like fall. My oven begins to bake more. The recipes for homemade soups and stews come out. The last of the canning stuff is put away, and I'll begin to start getting a few of our long sleeve shirts out. I pulled out a couple of sweatshirts today. So I know it won't be long till I start packing the summer things away for next year.

The first frost will be on it's way soon. The leaves will start their color change, Apple cider will start appearing in the grocery store along with Carmel apples and freshly dug carrots and potatoes. The mums are appearing in the stores, and soon we'll see pumpkins and Indian corn. Fall recipes are in all the magazines, and fall decorations are out in all the stores. I do like fall. I just need to grieve for the summer I missed. Then it will be Welcome Fall.. glad to see you.