Monday, April 20, 2015

The View From My Kitchen Window....




The view from my kitchen window is limited. If you are brave you can look a little closer and see the house on the other side of the truck. Actually on the other side of the truck is an old trailer that is loaded with old mowers and assorted other mowery type stuff. Well the last time we looked anyway. Then the other side of the trailer is the house. I use to be able to see the road if I tilted my head and eyes just right.. Then the owners decided to add on so now I just see the truck, trailer, (there was a huge tree, but it's gone now) and the tan siding. Needless to say I try to find something interesting to look at. 

today while I was doing dishes I noticed 2 male robins. It's rainy, gray, and cool here today. As I watched those two I had to laugh. One was walking a bit closer to the house with some tasty morsel in it's beak. The other robin was a bit behind him and over a bit more toward the truck. He was grabbing stuff that looked like it could be a worm, but to his disgust was just long dead weeds and grass. 

They both kept a close eye on each other never getting to close. I don't think either one was pleased that the other one was there. I'm not sure if the one really had a tasty morsel or had just grabbed some bit of grass for a nest. They were each doing the "ya, I'm bad, you better watch yourself" strutty walk. 

I'm not really sure if the one was trying to get a bigger tasty item. I started wondering if they were vying for some cute girl robin's attention. I think nest materials and how the nest is constructed is something a girl should always consider. She would obviously want someone with the right skills. 

It's funny to watch them and almost see them thinking. I bet if they are still looking for just the right girl to birth some babies, they would really watch what the other guy was up to. 

I'm curious to see where the nests are made this year and who wins the heart of the girl. I've noticed several girl robins in the yard worm hunting. I'm glad there are a few for them to choose from. 

I love that the "wildlife" hang out around the kitchen window. I definitely love the entertainment..  hope you are having a great and entertaining day..