Friday, January 9, 2015

The Rest Of The Story...




Wow, it's the 7th of January already. November and December seemed to fly by. I'll catch you up quickly.. 

Nov: 
Snow
Cold
Thanksgiving
Family
Eating
Thanking God for our many Blessings
Packing boxes for the Troops.

Dec: 
Decorating porch and tree, kitchen, and even the bathroom.
Baking cookies, pies, and special jams. 
Heading off to the airport to see a grandson off to Cali. 
Christmas shopping finished and wrapping done.
Warm...  like almost 50 warm. No snow and warm. wow..

The call came that my precious sister in law/ only mom I had for years, was home with hospice care. We went to visit one Monday afternoon. We loved on her, visited with Brother, and went home. 

The dreaded call came only 6 short days later. She had gone on home to Heaven. I still can't wrap my head or heart around it. 

Then more hard news came; more of Husbands family; more cancers found and more death. 
Even now we are praying for a peaceful passing for a dear cousin.
The end of the year came hard. It slammed into my heart like a punch to the gut. I still feel the grief of losing one of my Best friends since Jr. High, and her mom/my mom.. 

As I move on through this life loss seems to come in waves. Those who've been with us longest are leaving us. I don't know how I could take it other then the knowledge that God is carrying me through it.

 I am moving on into 2015 with a grateful heart and wonderful memories of those who've gone on ahead.