Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Five Year Old Wanted To Pray






I just love our Ladies (Sister of the Vine) prayer meetings. We are joined by kids !  little ones, home-schooled ones, and even Older ones on "no school" days. 

*We love kids.   

The most precious thing happened yesterday at our bi-weekly meeting. One of the little kids (5) wanted to join us when we got ready to pray for the requests that had been made. I think she really just wanted some cuddle time with mom, but she wanted to join us, And she wanted to pray too. 

We told her the signal for when it was her turn. The praying began. Now I've been teaching young children and 1-6th grade kids for years. Most of those prayers are for good days at school, tests, puppies, little brothers, new bikes, etc. There have also been a few very serious requests made too.

 I wasn't really sure where our young prayer warrior was going to fall in that group. I fully expected to hear a prayer for a puppy or for the older sister to share a treasured toy, or older brother to play nice.. but what came out of that little girls mouth was nothing but Pure Praise . 

She spent about 2 minutes thanking God and Jesus for being beautiful, for loving us, for being wonderful and kind, and being the best at everything. her little heart poured out praise.. 

Well I can tell you that it moved not only my heart but made tears well up. 
It reminded me that I've been spending way to much time focusing on what I want God to do for me and not so much for just thanking Him for who He is Beautiful, Wonderful, Kind, and loving. 

She thanked God for Jesus. Wow.. what a prayer. Thank you little one for reminding your fellow prayer warriors to not only make requests but to take time and just thank God and Jesus for who they are. Thank you for Praising Them in the midst of our requests.. I love you little one.