Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is It Really Spring....


I am almost afraid to say the word Spring, But over the last few days the weather has hit me hard. It's warm and most of time, Sunny. I glanced at an old pair of shorts in the drawer that missed the "removal for winter" items. I had an overwhelming urge to put them on today.. I also took a long look at the new sandals I got. Hmmm not yet. 
    The 15th of March and 70 degrees. Unheard of in mid-Michigan. I like it. 
Most of our Winter has been extremely mild. mostly chilly/cold and rainy. There's been some snow here, but nothing close to the 60+ inches we've gotten the past few years. I heard the other day this has been the 3rd warmest winter ever recorded here. I've never seen one like it in my 50+ years. I still think that we could be in for another good snow before Winter takes it's final bow. 
   I'm getting out the seed catalogs today. I may just have to order a few garden seeds soon. I'm getting antsy to get outside and grow something. 
  We need a new charcoal grill. I'll be watching sale ads. I've already told hubby to watch the garage sales. They will be popping up soon. 
   I want to wash up the big heavy blankets and bedding this weekend. I can hang them out to dry. I even want to start cleaning.. EGAD it must be getting close to spring. I never want to clean. 
   I want to bake some bread this weekend. It won't be to long before I'll limit the oven use because of the heat. I can't wait. I want spring.. I need spring..
   I've made my first trip out to look at the crocus. They are blooming away on the side of the house. The Hyacinths are heading up, and the Daffodils will be waving howdy soon. Spring.. Oh I hope it really is Spring.