Monday, August 30, 2010

My First Trip To Rite Aid Cost Me Only 18 Cents

My haul : Regular price about $21.00 I paid 18 cents !!

I'm just in heaven tonight. I got all this cool stuff for 18 cents.. You are probably thinking, " Karen, have you been doubling up on your pain meds". The answer is NO.. I really got these 6 items at my local Rite Aid store for a mere 18 cents.

I have a couple of Friends at Church who are big into couponing. They have taken a class and call me frequently screaming into their cell phones something like..
Karen, I just got 60 boxes of crayons.. guess how much I paid for them ??
I respond.. I have no idea.. $25.00.. No your not gonna believe it.. but I got them for 60 cents.. I faint.. then talk about what savvy shoppers they are.

I have signed up for the class. I can't wait. I have clipped coupons for years. I even use them. Usually they don't save me enough money to fool with. so I've let it go. Then I saw a news blip on one of those Coupon Queens who buy $300 worth of groceries for $4 bucks.. That is the person I want to be.

I joined up with a coupon site.. (there are about a gazillion of them now) and check it weekly for my local grocery deals and coupons that match the sale items. I no longer cut each coupon but instead save and date the circulars they come in. I then match the coupon and the circular to the sale item I want. I save some that way. But not like those Coupon Queens on TV.

I have joined a couple of new groups, http://www.afullcup.com
and http://www.moneysavingmom.com
They have wonderful forums, groups, and emails giving alerts to all the cool deals out in the grocery stores and drug stores in your area. This is where I saw the Rite Aid deals of the day. I didn't get the circular this time, but the website listed the specials and the coupons that could be used.

Here is what I used on the items above:
  • 1- Bottle of Nivea Men's body wash Reg. price $4.99 Sale price $3.00. I used a $1 off manf. coupon so the price lowered to $2.00
  • 4- bottles of gain dish soap reg. price $1.49 ea. Sale price $.89 I used 4- $1 off coupons = Free
  • 1- tube of Boudreauxs butt paste reg. price $9.99 Sale price $3.99 $3 off Butt paste video value coupon and $1 off manf. coupon. making the Boudreauxs = Free
My Total for the 6 items was $2.18 less the $2 up Reward I can use on my next shopping trip.. my actual cost for all 6 items was $.18 Cents..

I can't wait to take that couponing class and learn some more tips. I may just become the next coupon queen.