Friday, October 2, 2009

As Fall begins to sneak in.. I am ready to make some great fall food. One of my favorites I fixed last night for supper.. Pork chops with Apples.. we also had macaroni and cheese, green peas, white beans, cornbread, and apple crisp.
thought I would share the pork chop recipe.

Pork Chops and Apples:
6- Pork chops.. any kind you prefer.. I had some really big ones and a few smaller
3- 4 unpeeled Apples, they need to be cored and sliced. I used Gala
1/4 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2- Tablespoon Butter
Heat oven to 350 degrees, Brown the pork chops then set aside. Place the apple slices in a greased baking dish. In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. sprinkle the sugar mixture over the apples. dot with butter. Top with the browned pork chops. cover. (I use a large glass casserole covered with foil)
and bake for 1 hour.
enjoy...