Friday, July 1, 2016

It Finally Rained And Our Garden Loved It...




Oh My Goodness... It Rained.. did you hear me?? It Rained... 

The first time it's rained in about 3 weeks. It rained just a couple of days after we planted the raised beds on the first of June. This is the first rain we've had since we planted our veggies in the ground. 

We've watered it all every day. As you will see from the photos everything is way behind in growth. I'm not hoping for much from the stuff we put in the ground. I am hopeful for everything in the raised beds except for the green beans. They were planted in the Cement block bed. They were growing great then suddenly started turning yellow and dying. We are wondering if it's the heat from the blocks in that bed. It's been unusually warm for mid-Michigan this summer. I may get some green beans from the ones that Husband replanted in the ground. 

I'm hoping we'll get more rain soon. We need a good day long rain. I'd like at least a couple of rains each week. It's odd for it to be so dry here. We watch the rain go all around us. We wondered why the rain is missing the I-69 Corridor, but we don't seem to miss any of the snow storms that head down the same Corridor in the winter... 

I hope your gardens are giving you joy and lots of yummy things to eat and put up for the winter.