Friday, July 24, 2015

I Love Vacation Bible School ....





I love Vacation Bible School... I love that we make it the most exciting event of the summer. I have a special place in my heart for VBS. A neighbor asked if our Sue could attend VBS with her daughter. Long story short, I started attending Church and realized I needed Christ as my Savior. I believed and became a follower of Christ.  

I've been helping with Snack the past few years. Each Bible school has a theme so we try to make the snacks relate a bit to the theme. If not we think of cool names for them like "Wild jungle Chicken" nuggets and "Fresh caught" fish sticks..  LOL   There are tons of ideas on Pintrest too. 

One of the ideas was to make "Jungle Popcorn".. I make a chocolate covered popcorn so I just added some dark chocolate stripes and voila jungle popcorn..  

Here's the recipe... I'm also going to add a few photos of other snacks we made. The kids love it.. A few of the adults snuck down to sample our tasty treats..  

Chocolate Popcorn 

1- 12oz bag of white chocolate chips or 12oz white candy coating aka: almond bark
2- bags of butter microwave popcorn.. * extra butter is yummy too
Optional add in : Nuts, mini twist pretzels, plain M&M's... 
     Make the popcorn according to directions, remove all the unpopped hulls, 
   Pour this into a large bowl.. add in the pretzels, nuts etc.. if you are adding something.. 
btw this is great without any of this stuff.
    Melt the chips or candy coating in a glass dish in the microwave. 40 seconds, stir, then 10 seconds at a time until melted. 
    When melted pour immediately over the popcorn mixture
     Stir until all is well coated. 
    pour onto wax paper covered cookie sheets. *prep these ahead
     Spread out into a single layer and cool. break apart any large chunks. Store in an airtight container.  

We made these cute butterflies and the palm trees. We are a nut-free building so we left out the peanutbutter spread on the graham cracker palm trees.