Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'd Forgotten How Terrifying The Car Wash Can be.






I can almost hear the evil music playing now.. 

I know, It's just a car wash. It's sweet and gentle and will give you a nice clean sparkly car on the other side. 

If you can make it to the other side.. 

Maybe it was a horror movie from years ago. Maybe it's because I've learned I'm a bit claustrophobic. Maybe there is no reason; it just is.  I'm terrified of going through car washes.. 


I really just want out of the car. Seriously. 


I really want to scream and beat on the windows.. 

I really had forgotten about how afraid I am to go through a car wash. I've driven a truck for over 20 yrs. with the topper and other stuff they were way to tall to take through the Automatic car washes. Hubby just runs them up to the Self wash. 

The new Trailblazer I'm driving now needed a wash bad. I figured I'd just pop through the car wash. Easy right,  WRONG.. I didn't start getting panicky till I got in line and couldn't get out. I swear I started to hyperventilate. I paid my money and asked the attendant what to do. I think he saw the panic in my eyes. He said very kindly. "Ma'am, you just put the vehicle in Neutral, yes, that's right, now take your foot off the brake. then when you quit rolling 
put it in gear and drive out"..   

As you might guess I made it out the other side. It was the early afternoon and I could see some light. I also got a little panicky about the car behind me at the end, but no worries, when I quit rolling I popped that baby in drive and headed out the drive going about 35.. 
   
I may try that one again. I think I'll bring some headphones. I need to buy some first, then I'll listen to some nice soothing music or something. That or I'm going to try and find the kind of car wash my daddy would take us too. We got out of the car, a worker would get in and clean the inside of the car while it was going through the wash. Now that didn't scare me at all..