Monday, June 16, 2014

Katch-up Monday....



I can't hardly believe it's the middle of June already. Where does the time go? I don't know about you but my days seem to rocket by. I really want the summer days to be long, lazy, and I want Summer to last at least 6 months. 

To Catch you up on life at our house. 
1. I ordered and received seeds for the Garden. 
2. We are planting a garden
3. We are NOT planting a garden
4. We Are planting a garden
5. We are NOT planting a garden.
6. I give up. I have no idea if we are or are not. The winter left our garden spot floating. The wet spring has let it floating and soggy and spongy wet. It finally dried up a bit and now is hard as concrete. So I'm guessing no garden this year. Hubby's back has gotten worse over the past couple of years. He just can't horse that tiller around anymore. I hate not having a garden. I love watching it grow and I love putting it up. So healthy for us and so much tastier then store processed stuff. 
7. A new Farmer's market opened in May about 3 miles from us. I've been there at least once a week. I'm hoping it will fill in for most of the garden stuff. We are already getting brown eggs from hormone free, free Range/wandering in the yard Chickens. Love it. 
8. Only two graduations, kids from Church, to celebrate this year. Loved helping with one open house last weekend. 
9. So far no weddings or babies on the way in the family. 
10. One baby on the way at Church.  wooo hoooo 
11. I've actually been to see 3 or 4 movies at a real theater as opposed to red box rentals in my living room, so far this year. :-)  
12. Still not sitting out in the yard yet. Vampire Mosquitoes, as our Pastor refers to them, would carry us away. I am hoping for a few evenings sitting out there with ice tea. Maybe even a bon-fire or 3. 
13. I'm secretly hoping for a trip south to Ky. this year sometime. I'm not telling anyone, so shhhh I don't want to jinx it. 
14. I'm craving fair food. you know.. sweet deep fried yummy-ness 
15. The Awana program at Church ended, but our Summer kids program has started. 
16. Looking forward to VBS in July. I'm the Snack lady. I love it. 
17. I have a new Soldier I'm packing boxes for at our group meetings. He's a cousin. One I haven't had a chance to meet yet. I'm really looking forward to meeting him when he gets home, and hugging his neck. 
18. I am hoping to take a few overnight trips this summer. 
19. I'd really love to go fishing. I miss it. 
20. We spent father's day with my hubby filling our faces with yummy food.. 



That's it for now. Hoping your summer slows down and let's you savor it .....