Saturday, November 19, 2011

To Do Or Not To Do. That Is The Question...


When I was looking for an image of a "to do list" I found this, and I thought it was perfect. I need to make a to do list for this next week, and it seems as though I should also make a "to don't list". 


I'm making Thanksgiving Dinner this year so my "to do" list will be full. 


To do: 
1. take out turkey on Sunday to thaw. (I'm cooking it on wed.)

2. Go celebrate friend Connie's Birthday in Frankenmuth and Christmas shop while there. 


3. Plan the Devotional for my Ladies Prayer group for Tuesday Morning. 


4. Clean the house. 


5. Make the pie, cranberry sauce, and pick up last minute stuff for dinner. 


6. Get the blow-up mattresses and bedding out for the grandkids who will be spending the night. 


7. Clean some more. 


8. make The rest of the Thanksgiving dinner, eat, visit with family and clean up.


9. Black Friday shop online or maybe even head out to the stores that are open  Thanksgiving night.  


10. Try to make the dinner with the extended family. (weather permitting) 


To Don't: 


1. Don't worry if everything isn't perfect. I'm the only one who thinks it should be. 


2. Don't buy things that are not on the list. (including food and gifts) 


3. Don't get all stressed if people are late to Thanksgiving Dinner. No one has ever died in our home from not eating at the exact moment planned. 


4. Don't try to do everything yourself. People will help If  I ask them to. Remember it's a family holiday and they really want to help. 


5. Don't worry if I am the only one who wants to watch "Miracle on 34th street". I can watch it when they all go home. (I can watch it everyday if I want) 


6. Don't judge words or actions today. Give out an extra measure of Grace and forgiveness. 


7. Don't think everyone wants my opinion about everything. Remember. it's OK to keep my opinion to myself. They really will ask if they want it. 


8. Don't bring up the past. It's done and over with. Focus on the future and be positive and encouraging. 


9. Don't Ask the husband if he "really needs" that 3rd helping of dressing. No, he doesn't need it. I already know that. He just wants it cause it's his favorite. 


10. Don't forget to Thank God for it all. The family, the food, the cleaning, the dirty dishes, the tums, the chaos. My life would be so lonely and boring without it.