Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When The Phone Conversation Starts Out "Are you sitting down"..

I may just get a tattoo, and it would be this one. 

When The Phone Conversation Starts Out "Are you sitting down", you know the news will not be good.

I got the call this afternoon. I don't sit down, especially when you tell me too.. I need to stand up and focus.. I may lean on something, but I just can't sit. I need to pace. I need to move. One of my Besties, Betty, called and told me to sit down. Betty has made this type of call to me a few times. To tell me of friends or neighbors severe illness, accident, or passing. She also has used this phrase to tell me of damage to our Ky. Cabin or  our property. Today I propped myself up against the kitchen counter and said "OK, tell me. 

There was a tornado last night. The tornado came over the top of their house. It wasn't on the ground until it was across and farther down the road, but it was close enough to suck up the roof off the garage/metal building. It threw the roof across the road, sent a wall into another garage wall, and put a wall through our mobile home trailer. My first question was if the family was OK, She said "yes".. but our trailer was toast. At first they thought the damage could be repaired, but when they went inside, the floors and ceilings were all buckled. Apparently that old trailer took the garage wall instead of their living room. YAHOO.. how could I be upset about that. That old trailer kept them safe and spared the house. 

This is the Old Trailer. It sits between the garage/the cars/ and the house. 

Betty bought us that old trailer so we could add it onto the back of our cabin. It was small. 12x70.. but had 2 bedrooms, a big bathroom, and nice living room kitchen area. We were excited.. finally a bathroom. (we have no indoor plumbing) and bedrooms. A good deal all around. Betty cleaned it out for us and was waiting for the ground to dry up enough to have it hauled up to our place. 

I hate to admit it, but we should have moved that trailer last year. It had already been sitting up at Betty's for almost a year then. She got it when GM went bankrupt in case we lost our pension and needed to move down to Ky. Because of my knee surgeries we didn't get down to see about moving it. We needed to get the place for it ready and we hadn't done that either. Anyone else would have moved it down to our place anyway, but they waited for us. That and it really had been to wet to move it to the place behind the cabin where we were going to put it. 

The coolest thing about all of this is that God used that old trailer to spare Betty's house. Maybe that was His plan all along. Maybe that's why none of us got in a big hurry to move it, or fix the place for it. The mysterious ways of God. I know some who read this may poo poo it. But I believe. 

I am kind of sad that we won't have that big huge bathroom, but I'm OK with it. Our trips to Ky. are less then I would like. Our little cabin is cozy and good for us. Even with getting older we still can get around it easy. (We have 2 rooms) It's nice and cozy and amazingly enough people still come to visit, and stay with us. I haven't heard about our cabin yet. I called a neighbor who said that there was a lot of wind up there, but no tornadoes that she had heard of. Betty will get down to our place in a day or two to check it out for us. They take good care of it . They take good care of us. I'm not in a panic. I tend to panic. I really do need a tattoo to remind me not to panic. God has it covered. He has given me everything I have. He always takes care of me. He will see we have a big bathroom if we need one. I'm glad He saw fit to use our little old trailer to spare our dear friend's home. I'm praying that their insurance will cover their damage. I know they have lost things. Things can be replaced. I just so glad to have them. Who cares about a garage or an old trailer.. I have my Bestie and her family that's all that really matters.